Who needs this class?
This class is designed for ALS (Advanced Life Support) providers who are wishing to expand their knowledge behind just the basics of CPR. It is designed for Healthcare providers who deal with pediatric patients on a routine basis.
Doctors, Nurses, Dentists, Paramedics, Respiratory Therapists, Etc.
Our PALS class is an American Heart Association course where students receive two years certification upon successful completion. The class is about 12 hours long. Our class is taught by an experienced CPROLOGIST® with years in pre-hospital emergency medicine.
- 1- and 2-rescuer child CPR and AED use
- 1- and 2-rescuer infant CPR
- Cardiac, respiratory and shock case discussions and simulations
- Key changes in pediatric advanced life support, reflecting the new science from the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Management of respiratory emergencies
- Resuscitation team concept
- Rhythm disturbances and electrical therapy
- Systematic Approach to Pediatric Assessment
- Vascular access
- Current American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers CPR Card.
- Current American Heart Association PALS card
- Basic knowledge of rhythm reading.
- Basic knowledge of cardiac pharmacology.
- Must have current American Heart Association PALS book. (You may purchase at our facility)/li>