Spanish CPR training is necessary for many professions because understanding what to do if someone is choking or suffering cardiac arrest can save a life. If you’re looking to get your staff certified in CPR and your group consists of both English and Spanish speakers, consider a training center that offers CPR classes in Spanish to accommodate your Spanish speaking employees.CPR training in Spanish can provide a great opportunity for your employees. #HealthStreet Click To Tweet
An English-only CPR certification course could limit your staff members that speak Spanish as their first language. It’s important for all employees to completely and fully understand the correct way to administer CPR if needed. Let’s take a look at our Spanish CPR training programs in Houston, TX:
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
For nurses, paramedics, respiratory therapists, and other healthcare professionals, an ACLS course is for those who want education beyond the basics of CPR. The class is on average, 10.5 hours long and completion of the course will result in a two-year certification.
Students will learn the following processes:
- Airway management
- Life support skills
- Effective communication techniques
- Management of ACS and strokes
- Recognition and early management of peri-arrest conditions
- Recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Related pharmacology
Heartsaver CPR, AED, & First Aid
This class is typically for teachers, fitness instructors, security guards, babysitters, safety professionals, and other similar career holders. It’s designed to learn the essentials of Heartsaver First Aid, CPR & AED, and is not intended for healthcare professionals. Students who successfully complete the course will receive a certificate good for two years.
Students will learn the following crucial skills:
- Adult, children and infant CPR and AED use
- Choking treatment for infants, children, and adults
- First aid basics
- Medical emergencies: asthma, diabetics, allergic reactions, heart attacks, stroke, seizures, and shock
- Injury emergencies: bleeding, splinting, burns and electrical injuries, head, neck and spine injuries, and wound treatment
- Environmental emergencies: bites, stings, heat-related emergencies, cold-related emergencies, poisoning, and overdose
Heartsaver CPR & AED
Similar to the Heartsaver First Aid, CPR & AED, the Heartsaver CPR & AED class does not include first aid essentials and only covers essential CPR techniques and AED use. Intended for non-healthcare professionals, completion of the course will result in a two-year, same-day certification.
Pro Tip: Health Street offers a wide variety of CPR classes and certifications in the greater Houston area.
As an employer, you want the best for your team. You want them to feel confident in their skills, including life-saving support procedures. Help your staff thrive by offering CPR classes in Spanish for Spanish-speaking employees, they will appreciate you for it!
Join the conversation to learn more about our Spanish CPR training classes in Houston!